What we Offer
We believe that a strong team starts with a positive work atmosphere where everyone knows each other and is working towards a common goal – delivering the world’s largest radio telescope. Therefore it is important to us to create a friendly and open office environment that enables staff to make the most of their time with us, both professionally and personally, and to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Competitive salaries;
- A 35 hour working week;
- 30 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays per year with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days leave per year;
- A company pension scheme with generous company contribution rates;
- Occupational sick pay scheme;
- Occupational maternity, paternity and shared parental pay schemes;
- Life cover: A tax-free lump sum of three times your gross annual salary in the event of your dying while an employee of SKA Organisation;
- Flexible working (requests will be considered upon completion of probation period);
- Both on and off the job training and development to enable you to keep developing your skills;
- Payment of membership fees for relevant professional bodies (subject to limits and HMRC rules);
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
Social and family benefits
- Creating an inclusive family orientated organisation is very important to us. We have regular events, including an annual summer BBQ for staff and families, a Christmas party, and a range of other social event organised by our recreational committee;
- We will support with access to English classes for staff and partners where required.
- Availability of discounted gym membership (taxable benefit);
- Free access to the Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre for you and your family members;
- 10% discount on all purchases at the Discovery Centre’s award-winning cafe upon production of your SKA Organisation I.D card.
Nationals of countries within the EEA automatically have the right to live and work in the United Kingdom. If you are a national of a non-EEA country you must obtain a visa before you can live and work in the United Kingdom. For most positions SKA Organisation will sponsor the successful candidate to obtain the correct visa for them and their immediate family, and will pay all visa related costs. Spouses of Tier 2 visa holders are entitled to work in the United Kingdom subject to certain Government conditions.
We understand there are costs associated with moving to a new place, settling in a new area or country, and many things to think about. Relocation assistance may be offered when taking up a post. Where this is the case the assistance can be used towards the cost of moving, help selling an existing property and costs incurred house hunting and can include:
- Flights to the UK for you and your family upon taking up duty, and also for a preliminary visit;
- Shipment of personal possessions to the UK;
- Support from a professional relocation assistance company that can help you learn more about the area and find a home that is right for you;
- An interest free loan of up to £5000 towards buying, taxing and insuring a vehicle, buying a season ticket and/or as a deposit towards a rental property